My personal philosophy is to live a peaceful, cooperative, spiritual and environmentally sustainable existence. I believe that my contributions, however small they may seem, are helping to make the world evolve towards its greater potential. I gain great satisfaction from helping others, am patient and considerate. I like solving problems and tend to be very thorough in my work, which is an advantage when dealing with small margins.
My work experience spans from IT related to administrative work, from teaching (in English, Yoga & IT related topics) to writing (fiction, articles & poetry) and revising other people's work.
From 2005 to 2007, I worked with Greenpeace Australia Pacific, as an IT trainer and 1st Level Help desk support person. I was primarily in charge of creating, organizing and conducting larger training sessions as well as one-on-one specialized training.
Since 2006, I have worked as a consultant with TREO COM, primarily designing and developing websites and creating design for print for a wide range of businesses. See a list of my clients here.
Location: New York, New York
Recent work history
- Apr 2006 – present: Designer for Web & Print, IT Support & Training, TREO COM
- Nov 2007 – Aug 2008: Graphic Design & Marketing, Gorenje Scandinavia A/S, Denmark
- Jul 2007 – Nov 2007 Office and Administration Temp for Temp Team A/S, Denmark
- Apr 2005 – Mar 2007: IT trainer & First Level Helpdesk at Greenpeace Australia Pacific
- Jun 2006 – Mar 2007: Yoga Teacher for Divya Yoga School, Sydney (co-founder since 2005)
- Sep 2004 – Mar 2007: Co-founder of Bondi Writer’s Group, Bondi Beach
- Aug 2004 – Apr 2005: Administrator for Public Interest Advocacy Centre
- Oct 2004 – Jul 2005: Production Coordinator and Consultant to the Organics Directory
- 2001- 2004: Program Associate/Office Manager, Lawyers’ Committee on Nuclear Policy
- Dec 2006: Cisco Certificate in IT Essentials I: PC Hardware and Software TAFE, Ultimo
- May 2006: SQL Essentials at The University of Sydney, CCE
- Jan 2005: Linux Essentials (advanced course) at The University of Sydney, CCE
- Mar 2005: OpenOffice intensive training from Cybersite
- Jun 1998: M.A. Creative Writing & English at City College of the City University of New York
- Jan 1996: B.A. English & Media Studies at the University of Copenhagen, Denmark
Software specific: Photoshop, Pagemaker, Filemaker Pro, Gammadyne Mailer, OpenOffice, Final Cut Pro, Quark Express, Front Page editor, Dreamweaver, Adobe Go-Live and Microsoft software including Word, Excel, Outlook Express, Outlook, Access, PowerPoint, Publisher, and more.
Installing hardware and software, trouble-shooting, general computer maintenance and training.
Web design & development, running and managing content management systems like Joomla and Wordpress, development & creation of templates for Joomla.
Graphic design of stationary, templates, flyers, posters, logos, newsletters, business cards, advertisements, etc.
Writing help material/documentation, content for the web and print.
Search engine optimization.
Database design & maintenance.